Check out a sophisticated yet fun design we created. Now we need one piece of great art for the final touch.
We are proud to share an article in Aspen Magazine featuring one of our favorite projects- Creekside Ranch. The Old West meets the New West in this “farmhouse with a twist”. Read full article >
Here I am sharing a video with my client to show the progress on her project. It’s a fun way to share!
International Contemporary Furniture Fair and Design Month in NY
Design Highlights from NY
- Lighting at ICFF- an amazing amount of new light fixtures in the market displayed at the trade show at the Javets Center.
- Kips Bay Designer Showhouse– the most elite designer showhouse in Manhattan exemplified unique custom design from internationally recognized interior design firms. Talking with the designers as I toured the space, understanding how and what was behind their creativity in transforming these apartment spaces.
- New materials: plaster product for wet locations.
Education and Connection
- Panel discussions with notable designers and architects: Rockwell Group, Baskervill, Seldorf Architects, and more.
- Discussions about Design Trends– a Multi-Perspective View of the Year Ahead- Design Trend Expert and Founder of Design Life Network. People are gravitating toward particular design styles and elements as we come out of the recession.
- Biggest takeaway from all discussions: Collaboration is the new path. It is no longer the “I” generation but rather the “we”. Believing that a collective brain is better for results.
- What is luxury? The answers are not what one would expect. Luxury is: experience beyond value, time, unexpected design elements, and access.
TOP 5 Take Aways
What is Robyn Scott Interiors rooted in?
- We are creators. We curate furnishing collections and create spaces as overall experiences. This we call luxury.
- Collaboration with lighting designers, product designers, architects and all design team members brings overall awareness toward a shared goal.
- Dedication to the design profession and to our projects is our basis.
- Ability to turn design challenges into opportunities. Identify in a space, what to enhance and what to downplay.
- Knowing that design is a direct response to the Client. It’s about the essence of the people living in the space in conjunction with the region of the project.
In the Works:
Aspen Alps Condominium Remodel – design development
One of the oldest condominium complexes in Colorado, the Aspen Alps, is all about location. Our updates for this condo include: new bathrooms, transforming a guest room into an exercise room, new fireplace in the Master Bedroom, new Kitchen finishes, new stair case and fireplace in the Entry/Living space and more. Stay tuned.
Tiehack- Custom Bunk Bedroom Remodel – design development
Bunk Bedrooms are almost as important as Family Rooms in the resort homes we design. This client, like many, is looking ahead at the future of more grandchildren and would like an improved bunk-room with more space, light, and style. This inspiration image is from another bunk bedroom that we just completed in Snowmass Village.
LOG CABIN REMODEL- under construction
We are in the process of designing a remodel in Woody Creek. We will take this traditional log home feel to an updated eclectic look blending traditional and modern design elements. Opening up windows and enlarging spaces with David Johnston Architects will improve the feeling of each interior space. An updated light-filled kitchen, an expanded Master Suite and more are in the works.
BOULDER REMODEL- under construction
Taking in views, opening up spaces, blending the old and new, and creating a fresh, family friendly interior is in the works. This fresh choice of colors will be a great look against white walls and black framed windows.
DENVER NEW CONSTRUCTION- under construction
This project broke ground in August. The 10,000 square foot mountain modern home is well underway! We begin a series of site visits this coming May.
What is Room Workshop?
An on-line interior design service where you collaborate with us to create the room of your dreams.
Child’s Bedroom in Snowmass Village- Room Workshop Process
I remember being lucky enough to work with my mother’s professional interior designer when I was 13 and picking a lot of Laura Ashley and Ralph Lauren florals for my walls and bedding. My style has developed into a more modern aesthetic as an adult and it is so refreshing to design a room for this 10-year-old girl and create an experience like I had. A room that is functional for reading, sleeping, storage, and time spent with friends is equally as important as transforming the room into a reflection of her style. Who knows, maybe she will want to become a professional interior designer too?
Take a look at this past Room Workshop project we designed for this 7 year old girl.
Living Room Remodel- Room Workshop Process
Our on-line interior design service is proving successful for many clients. This client tried to design her family room herself this past winter and after making some mistakes and finding out how much time it took and not even liking the finished room, she decided it was worth her investment in Room Workshop to help her put her next room together- a modern Living Room.
Take a look at this past Room Workshop Living Room Design we created.
What’s trending at Robyn Scott Interiors, Ltd.?
Patterns and Textures
I am enjoying this new textile collection- Romo’s Black Edition. The colors are exactly what my clients are gravitating toward and the large scale is both modern and eclectic.
Milling Road by Kara Mann
This is a fabulous new collection we are excited to specify in our projects. At RSI, we love designing a black and white interior with use of metals and textures, and creating a space about form.
Looking forward to spending some time in New York this spring at an upcoming trade show. I will make a point to tour this historic hotel reborn: The Renwick Hotel.
Call us to discuss your interior design needs. We look forward to helping you transform your home into a space you will love and enjoy.